Well since books seem to fall into my bucket, I figured that would be a good place for me to start. Since I have a backlog of materials I am trying to work through and what better way to motivate than to publically put myself on the line, I thought that I would share the Top 5 Books on my Honey Do List.
These are in no particular order and some I have started and some I am waiting to start…(I have a bad habit of reading more than one book at a time. I keep one stashed in every room of the house and car so that I always have some written word on hand:
· The Entity Letters: A Socialogist’s Trail of a Supernatural Mystery by James McClenon, PhD – This one is about James’s adventures as a sociologist studying the sociological impact of mainstream science and its relation to those who study the fringe paranormal fields and how he gets caught up with group of scientists and spiritualists trying to recreate and study the reported Phenomena that occurred during the peak of the Spiritualist movement.
· Engaging the Anomalous: Collected Essays on Anthropology, the Paranormal, Mediumship and Extraordinary Experience by Jack Hunter – This another book about revisiting and investigating the Spiritualist movement and their claims of Phenomena in the modern world. Mainly this Jack’s doctoral thesis on the subject combined with other articles that have been written on the subject.
· Science and Spiritual Practices: Transformative Experiences and Their Effects on Our Bodies, Brains, and Health by Rupert Sheldrake – Rupert uses science fact and evidence to show how people that take part in all kinds of Spiritual Practices tend to live longer and healthier lives. He explores the common building blocks of many types of religions and shows the scientific research and results that has been done when we take part in those.
· Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe by Dean Radin PhD – Dean shows his work on whether abilities like ESP or things like Magic are real and exist. He took the old adage of magic being just science we don’t yet understand and ran with it setting up series of experiments to test ESP, the power of intention, and ritual.
· Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future by Hank Wesselman – This is Hank’s telling of his first batch of experiences of receiving unprovoked Shamanic Visions and OBEs that thrust him from our current time to 5,000 years into the future when man is going through a new age where man is living by tribal and primitive means again. His spirit joins with a young man in that time who is on a quest of his own to find out what happened to those that came before.
So as you can see, I have some light and casual Sunday afternoon reading to be done…as we move forward with these top lists, I will work up my preferred reading lists on various subjects and topics like Spiritualism, Shamanism, hauntings, ghosts, unsolved mysteries, cryptids, bizarre locations and historical events, UFOs, ESP, Remote Viewing, etc, etc, etc…Just let me know in the comments below if there is anything that tickles your fancy and we will go from there.
Thanks, have a good day, and may you find a good read…